Most Heck Production events stress self-supported riding ethics, and Le Grand du Nord is no different. What does self-supported mean these days? Here are a few points:
- Riders are expected to have all the tools/supplies they might need to finish the ride.
- Call 911 for all true emergency situations. Help to the best of your abilities.
- There is NO Le Grand du Nord sanctioned sag support if you breakdown (physically or mentally.) Have a backup plan in place.
- Riders may only take support from other riders during the event… or…from volunteers at the designated halfway checkpoints. No crew, family, or team support allowed at any point during the event.
- There will be limited food, water and toilets available for all riders at the halfway checkpoints provided by Le Grand support volunteers
- All riders are to use “Leave No Trace” ethics of litter/waste control during the event. Please use discretion for nature breaks. DO NOT void on private property/ someone’s mailbox!
- Please be civil, kind, and downright friendly to other riders, volunteers and the public. This is not the Tour de France. Enjoy yourselves, our neighbors and this beautiful part of the world!